SYNLawn® Honors Project of the Year Recipients at 2020 Awards Ceremony
DALTON, GA ‐ SYNLawn®, the largest manufacturer and unrivaled innovator of artificial grass in North America, announced the recipients of their Projects of the Year awards, which were revealed during the recent SYNLawn 2020 awards ceremony during the annual conference for its network of 85 distributors.
“We were truly impressed with the project submissions received for this year’s awards,” said George Neagle, executive vice president at SYNLawn. “Our distributors continue to set the bar high with their high-quality installations. The winning projects were remarkable and we’re proud to recognize the winners for all of the efforts that went into each one.”
The Project of the Year award categories and winners were:
- Commercial – SYNLawn Miami, NASA: SYNLawn Miami of SYNLawn South Florida helped NASA celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission with a special installation of artificial turf in the rocket viewing area of Kennedy Space Center’s Visitors Complex. Thirty-five thousand square feet of SYNAugustine 547 was selected to accompany a one-of-a-kind fabricated logo to replace the worn natural grass around the launch spectator area just outside of the Apollo/Saturn V Center.
- Residential – SYNLawn Miami, Geuttler Residence: Miami was also recognized for the best residential project for a lawn installation at a house in Vero Beach, Florida. A combination of 8,633 square feet of SYNAugustine 347 and 935 square feet of SYNAugustine X47 were used for the installation. The decision to choose SYNLawn was made by the owner of the home, Tyler Guettler, and Hayslip Landscaping to take advantage of its exclusive lifetime warranty and the natural look and softness of the grass.
- Recreation – Anastasia Phillips, Madison Boys & Girls Club: AnastasiaPhillips, owner of SYNLawn New York, installed a 6,000 square foot multi-purpose field with her team on the rooftop of the Madison Boys & Girls Club, which is located in the Sugar Hill area of Harlem in New York. SYNLawn New York team was selected by Rogers Partners for this project due to SYNLawn’s offering of Class A Fire-rated grassthat meets New York City building code requirements for rooftops, the realistic look of the turf and its lifetime warranty. The field is used for softball, football, soccer, as well as a safe area for children to play and enjoy other outdoor recreation. The installation included the use of SYNRye 244 in green, blue, yellow and white.
- Specialty – Nick Konkel, CrossFit:SYNLawn Minnesota and SYNLawn South Dakota collaborated on the testing and installation of 65,000 square feet of reusable turf for the 13th CrossFit Games in Madison, Wisconsin.Rogue Fitness and theCrossFit Games invested in SYNLawn’s turf system to create a more stable, comfortable and reusable surface for the fittest athletes on Earth. SYNMod underwent the ultimate test against the heavy equipment and thousands of individuals that competed. This massive installation was made possible due to a partnership between three of Sports Group’s premier brands: AstroTurf, APT and SYNLawn.
- Golf – Angela Grego, 12th Hole at Augusta Reproduction for Fishtech: Angela Grego, owner of SYNLawn Kansas City, installed a reproduction of the 12th Hole at Augusta for Fishtech. The company is owned by local entrepreneur, investor and pioneer in cybersecurity, Gary Fish. Mr. Fish wanted the reproduction installed as an employee benefit. It quickly became one of the most popular amenities at the office and is enjoyed by his clients as well. Mr. Fish chose SYNLawn because he knew they were the only company with the ability to replicate, not only the look, but also the playability of the 12th Hole at Augusta using a variety of SYNLawn products and Shot Stopper 2.0.